Just How Green is Village Green?
At Village Green, we are committed to making sure our company maintains the lowest possible impact on our planet. We believe that small steps add up, and that everyone can help make a difference. To that end, we would like our friends and customers to know about some of the eco-friendly initiatives.
- We are one of the few facilities where customers can dispose of unwanted and expired drugs using the TakeAway™ Environmental Return System at our store. This is a safe, environmentally savvy way to keep over-the-counter and prescription medications from ending up in the Chesapeake Bay and other waterways. Learn more...then download a Medicine Disposal Form.
- We purchase 100% wind power to lessen the use of fossil fuels for electricity.
- We are a frequent participant in the Green Festival when it is held in Washington, DC.
- We are supporting members of Bethesda Green, and proud to be a Green America "Gold" Certified Business
- Village Green has been recognized by Montgomery County, Maryland as a Certified Green Business.
- We carry brands with eco-friendly programs of their own, including Nordic Naturals, Jarrow Formulas, MegaFood, New Chapter, Bluebonnet, Himalaya, Rainbow Light, Gaia, Dr. Hauschka, and Aubrey Organics.
- Both our store and our nationwide mail-order service use recycled ink cartridges and recycled paper for printed materials, plus we re-use boxes and packing materials for shipping orders.
- Our store in Bethesda, MD is furnished with eco-friendly materials and energy saving lighting systems.
- We deliver locally in our eco-friendly, fuel-efficient