Just How Green is Village Green?
At Village Green, we are committed to making sure our company maintains the lowest possible impact on our planet. We believe that small steps add up, and that everyone can help make a difference. To that end, we would like our friends and customers to know about some of the eco-friendly initiatives.
- Village Green has partnered with Trees for the Future and will plant one tree in a developing country for every purchase that includes a Pathway product. Trees for the Future is a locally based non-profit organization whose mission is to plant trees within rural communities in the developing world, enabling them to restore their environment, grow more food, and build a sustainable future.
- Our customers can dispose of unwanted and expired drugs using the TakeAway™ Environmental Return System at our store. This is a safe, environmentally savvy way to keep over-the-counter and prescription medications from ending up in the Chesapeake Bay and other waterways. Learn more...then download a Medicine Disposal Form.
- We purchase 100% wind power through Electric Advisors, from WGES Clean StepsSM Wind Power. As a residential consumer you can sign up to purchase 100% renewable energy at a discounted price through Electric Advisors.
- We are a frequent participant in the Green Festival when it is held in Washington, DC.
- We carry brands with eco-friendly programs of their own, including Nordic Naturals, Jarrow Formulas, MegaFood, New Chapter, Bluebonnet, Himalaya, Rainbow Light, Gaia, Dr. Hauschka, and Aubrey Organics.
- Both our store and our nationwide mail-order service use recycled ink cartridges and recycled paper for printed materials, plus we re-use boxes and packing materials for shipping orders.
- Our recently rennovated store is furnished with eco-friendly materials and energy saving lighting systems.
- We deliver locally in our eco-friendly, fuel-efficient